Mods:List of educational mods
From Minetest Wiki
|This is an unofficial list of mods. It is incomplete and very outdated.
Do not rely on it to find the latest mods. Use the ContentDB or the forums to find mods instead.
This is a list of mods related to learning either Minetest, or generally. See the dev wiki for a list of resources to learn modding
- Each station explains one aspect of minetest, and gives opportunities for exercise.
- E.g. movement / climbing / ladders / jumping / swimming / diving, etc.
- Alphabet (alphabet) by cactuz_pl
- Glowing letters A-Z + 0-9 (neon) by webdesigner97
- Teaching Mathematics (teaching) by sfan5
- Learn how to read (phonics) by Neuromancer
- Letters (letters) by Amaz1
- Abjphabet (abjphabet) by ABJ, integrated into Awesomepack
- scrabble - Simple letter tiles for minetest (scrabble) by dvere
- Cube Nodes (cube_nodes) by Andrey01
- Turtle graphics (turtle) by jin_xi (see the attachment from Thu Jun 18, 2015)
- Turtles (robots) (turtle) by Nore
- TurtleMiner (TurtleMiner) ... programmable turtles in Minetest by BirgitLachner
- Visual Bots (vbots) by Nigel. Single block "turtle" style bots, programmable in an entirely visual way.
- LSystem (lsystem) by Sane (note: this mod uses its own implementation of L-systems and is independent from Minetest's L-system trees)
- Simple programmable robots (simple_robots) by gamemanj (version by HybridDog)
- Miners Robots (miners_robots) by lovelas
- Basic_robot (basic_robot) by rnd
- Scratch programmable robots (lwscratch) by loosewheel
- Directed Circuits (dcircuits) by Gerald
- Cellular Automata (automata) by bobomb
- Calandria (calandria) by technomancy
- Raspberry PI Minecraft API for python code (raspberryjammod-minetest) by arpruss
- Mesecons (= redstone) (minetest-mod-mesecons) by Jeija
Modelling Realworld Content
- Real Terrain (realterrain) by bobomb
- Image Loader (imageloader) by kaeza
- Build semi-auto or BMP/3d Mesh import (growwall) by dgm5555
- Angkor Wat floor plan (Map) by slopsbucket
- Reconstruct your version of some Roman Baths (Map) by twoelk
- Athens (5th Century BC) (Map) by captpete
- My property (Map) by superschizo
- Karsthafen (Map) by solars
- A recreation of their school by students (part of the "Education, minetest in the classroom"thread)
- A similar recreation of a school building by christoferlevich.
- A reconstruction inspired by Monpazier, Guyenne, a planned 13th Century grid-town of the Bastide type.
Exporting 3D-content created in game to other formats
- BlockExport. This mod defines a new chat command "/exportblock" which writes 3D node data of the player's current 80x80x80 node block to a file in obj. format.
- Minetest Mesh Exporter ((meshport) Meshport is a mod which allows easy exporting of scenes from Minetest to .obj files, complete with materials and textures. These models can be imported directly into Blender or another 3D program for rendering and animation.
- mt2obj exporting to .obj format with a chat command.
- Minetest 3D Print (M3D), exports a piece of game map in a format that can be read by FreeCAD minetest importer plugin.
- What a Dog Sees Texture Pack (dogview)by pithy; a texture pack that takes texture from Minetest Game and reduces the color spectrum to what a dog sees. (might be lost)
- Cutepie, a collection of cute and colorfull blocks. Including a smiley that can also frown and a heart bomb that might brighten up lesson sessions or be usefull as decorative rewards.
- Q and A (Learning Tool)
- EDUtest by zeuner, a UI-frontend to manage students.
- Classroom Manager by rubenwardy, a tool for teachers to monitor students on a server.
- MapTools, a mod with some blocks and tools that might help managing and monitoring students on a server.
- TechWelt Server, a public server used to showcase and experiment with educational and technical mods.
- Minetest Could Be An Educational Tool
- Education, minetest in the classroom
- A teacher's perspective - this is great for class
- Minetest for teachers
- minetest-edutest-ui on GitHub by apienk
- Using Minetest in a school
- Minetest - Education Version
- Learning game: player specific door locks/puzzles/walls
- Craft the Web - a game made at CERN, Switzerland
- Minetest & Mesecons challenge in Google CTF 2019
- Kidscode, a project based partly on a fork of Minetest as part of a whole service for educational projects. As such licenses have to be optained and a fee may be charged. The project also includes non-opensource parts.
- Programmeren, school nabouwen in Minetest - YouTube (Rebuilding school in Minetest - Commentary in Dutch)
- Project: "Mon Collège avec Minetest" (Rebuilding a school in Minetest - Text in French with pictures)(might be lost)
- Mining for Education
- Minetest für die Schule - Text in German (Minetest for School) (similar text)
- Download vorkonfiguriertes »Minetest«, a preconfigured minetest for use with pupils with some tools for monitoring the students. Some spezial worlds are also offered for download. Text in german, worlds preconfigured for german.
- Minetestbildung.de (Minetest Bildungsnetzwerk) - Text in German. Some educational server projects Including game server hosting for individual educational class projects and an own generall discord channel.
- LMZ-server - Text in German. The „Baut Zukunft! Der kreative Minetest Server für zeitgemäße Bildung“ server pilot project hostet by the Landesmedienzentrum Baden Württemberg.
- Der Ganztagskurs Minetest bei Herrn Hofmann - Text in German. School project example of pupils building castles with pictures.
- Minetest safe digital polluted areas - described at Public Lab. A project from the spanish Institute for the Monitoring and Surveillance of Contaminated Areas, designed to teach children about pollution events and study sollutions.