This is a description about the ROBOTS-server, which runs a game with the mods
The server with this game and map was online from 2016-0x until 2017-07.
See also ROBOTS_SKYBLOCK.
There is a 'live' tutorial-parcour about robots-programs, which can be reached via a teleporter near the spawn.
- Admin: rnd
- IP: 220.127.116.11:30000
- Max users: 15
- Operating hours: 09:00 - 01:00 UTC (+/- an hour) - shuts down over night
- Mapgen v7, seed 5 (but modified with worldedit)
- PvP, Mobs enabled
- /sethome and /teleport disabled
See also: List of servers:
- basic_robots - robots, and remote-controllers
- basic_machines - keypads, detectors, movers, and more...
- basic_protect - Protectors can be crafted that protect a 20x20 area
- sfinv - "Simple, fast inventory", with buttons for:
- simple_skins - 30+ skins to choose from
- XP - get experience for digging, thieving, kills etc.
- Bounties - list of rewards for killers
- farming - blueberries, carrots, cocoa, corn, melons, potatoes, pumpkins, tomatoes ...
- and new foods: apple-pie, coffee, donuts, pumpkin-bread, sugar ...
- fertilizer - a "trivial", home-grown mod, to make the game "more challenging":
- Crops and fruits use up 1 point of nutrition from the soil with each growth-step,
- and farming-soil starts with no nutrition. Without fertilizer, crops turn into weeds.
- flowers, dye
- wool, beds
- furniture - tables, chairs
- moreores - tin, silver, mitril ...
- darkage - more blocks: darkage_bricks, darkage_lamps, darkage_shale, serpentine, ...
- See the DarkAge-Wiki for infos and recipes.
- worldedit, mapfix
- craft_guide - look up crafting recipes
- letters - cut letters, to put on common blocks (e.g. for big shop-signs)
- A public lettercutter is located at the back of the shop at spawn.
- acid - flows like water, looks like grass, hurts like lava
- mobs, mobs_monsters - dirtmonster, treemonster, stonemonster ...
- The monsters are fairly weak, but watch out at night !
- anticheat, antigrief, boneworld, bounty, basic_vote - detects & announces cheaters, vote to ban them, etc.
- oldplayer: users need some items in inventory at logoff, otherwise account gets deleted
- also afk-check - logs out inactive players. Note: you need to move - just chatting or crafting is considered 'inactive'.
- give_initial_stuff: wood, torches
| There might be even more "trivial", home-grown mods active,
or changed settings, that make the game "more challenging" !
- Spawn-Building 0,2,0 - this is where new players appear in the game.
- The exit of the cactus-maze leads here
- Computer-room and stone-factory in the basement
- Library; -1,6,-1
- Admin's Shop -20,2,-5 (see below)
- Smelting station -20,2,-10 - automatically smelts your ores.
- Teleporter#1 0,2,10 to access the Robots-Tutorial & testing area (located at -28,8,394) - easy to see: it has two oranges on top.
- Teleporter-Room downstairs from 7,2,-1:
- 17,-4,1 Teleporter#2 to the Counterstrike-Area (at 300,30,135)
- Teleporters to some private houses (ask the admin)
- Public mine 0,2,13 - easy access to the depths for mining.
- Caution: Acid !
- The area around the stairs is protected. Digable areas start some distance behind doors.
- Entry to the deep mine at depth 200, location 0,-202,227 - needs dig-XP to enter.
- Elevator to mines -6,2,9 - needs 1 power_cell to activate, and using it costs 1 gold.
- Exhibition -9,2,0 - shows basic_robots and all the Basic-machines.
- Demo-farm -7,2,-20 - automated farm for corn and fertilizer (made from papyrus).
- see also rnd's private automatic farm (trees, corn, papyrus) - just ask for a tour.
- Casino -18,2,18 - recycle your gold :-)
- Deep Hole -16,2,16 - the moats of acid drain here
- Diving-pool -23,2,12 - under water, you can breathe at the torches
- Pumpkin-Hotel -31,2,30 - no actual service, but the roof has a nice panorama.
- Eliza - just talk (Try: "how to make cart")
- Math-quiz #1 - inside spawn-building:
The quiz (e.g. "what is 5*8+2") is shown to the player as a multiple-choice dialog.
When the button with the correct solution is pressed, the player is teleported out of the spawn-building.
- Math-quiz #2 - (at robot-tutorial, -34,7,407 ) get a reward for the correct solution
Singleplayer-games / Puzzles
- Brickstone-Maze 5,2,-300 - really big maze (400x400)
- Cactus-Maze 46,-4,-7 - (40x40) underground, under the acid-lake: find the exit
- Casino -18,2,18 - win 5 gold.
- Minesweeper -10,2,32 - find all the mines, win a free flight
- Nonogram 10,2,33 - Puzzle
- big nonogram 1,2,-204
- Sokoban -46,2,-50 - push the boxes
Games for 2 players
- Checkerboard 10,2,33 - checkers
- Spleef-arena 10,2,3 - knock out the floor-tiles, to make your opponent fall down
- Tank-robot -9,2,-9 and -9,2,-46 - artillery-duel for 2 players
- Counterstrike - Terrorists vs. Counter-Terrorists: hide / disarm bomb
- Access via Teleporter#2 at 17,-4,1
- Hide-and-seek - around the spawn-area
- -7,2,-26 x
- -43,2,10 xxx
- -10,2,-15 yyy
- 2,2,-20 zzz
Machines that are not games:
- Shop-Robot -14,5,0 - display at the top of the shop, showing infos (date, time, prices)
- Listens to chat, players can remotely buy&sell: try "#shop"
- Fly-Shop -26,2,0 - sells 'fly-tickets': temporary ablity to 'fly'
- this uses 'environment-control' for reduced gravity - player can make large jumps
- Admin-Mailbox -7,2,0 - players can write messages to the admin
- Inventory-Lister -14,2,11 - shows contents of chest in a formspec
- Bridge to the public mine 0,2,13
- Automatic door at the entrance to the public mine
- Automatic door inside the public mine 0,-32,52
- Automatic door at the entrance to the robot-tutorial -37,8,395
- Elevator to mines -6,2,9
- Puzzle door -124,2,0 - a door on the road
- Puzzle door -230,2,0 - to open the door, place a block of dirt into the chest
- (demo, has been moved elsewhere)
- Automated furnace -34,8,409 - done with basic_robots
- Smelting station -20,2,-10 - done with basic_machines
- Binary Counter 0,2,-5 - a big 10-bit-counter done with basic_machines
- RNDOS -4,-3,-1 - computer and OS, built with basic_robots and keypads from basic_machines
- some implemented functions: IP-Lister, Kick, Teleport, Give fly, Kill
- Light-tree 38,2,12 (at GlassStreet) - press the button to turn on the lights
- (button is currently removed)
- Boxhouse-builder -27,2,-45 - builds a house out of keyboard-blocks
- (code currently only works for admin)
- "SerpentineStreet" 0,2,48 - leading north,
- leads to a tunnel thru HoleHill at 0,2,300,
- ends at 0,2,390 near the tutorial-area
- "AppleStreet" -50,2,5 - leading west
- leads to a tunnel at -220,2,0
- that ends at snow-covered mountains at -565,6,6 and coast at 580,2,0
- "WaterStreet" 2,2,-48 - leading south,
- to one end of the rail-track at 1,2,-175,
- and further to the brickmaze at 12,2,-305
- "GlassStreet" 48,2,4 - leading east,
- to river and jungle at 250,2,0
- RingStreet - forms an outer ring around the town-area
- paved with adobe, as opposed to serpentine as used on the main streets
PoIs / Nice buildings
- Mail-Tower 50,2,50 .. 30,2,60 rnd's factory tower, with mailboxes
- Note: built with gold-, diamond- and mese-blocks
- Jenga-Tower 95,2,75
- Statue of the alliance of free minetest 66,2,60
- Viking-Ship 10,2,132
- Wooden pyramid 133,12,-135
- with bed-shop near the entrance
- 'Cathedral' 007's tower at -2,55,184, over the north tunnel
- 'Piano' 130,5,140 - plays some sounds
- Big keyboard 80,2,-147 - ??
The tracks make one loop around the spawn-area (and over the maze),
and one loop around the south-east quarter of town.
Craft your own cart to use them
- 2,2,-133 - Startpoint at south (WaterStreet)
- 0,2,-31 - Trackswitch - press keypad to change the direction of the rail
- -30,2,-27 - Tunnel below sokoban-area
- New: south starting point now at the big maze
The infos about user-driven shops might be out of date, e.g. when user decided to change business, or out-of-stock.
Rnd's shop - Location: -20,2,-4 at spawn
|1 robot-spawner||2 gold|
|1 robot-remote||1 gold|
|3 steel-ingots||1 gold|
|3 copper-ingots||1 gold|
|1 mese-crystal||5 gold|
|1 diamond||10 gold|
|1 corn||5 gold|
|1 papyrus||5 gold|
|1 red flower||5 gold|
|1 gold||3 apples|
|1 gold||16 trees|
|1 gold|| 25 pine-trees, jungle-trees, |
aspen-trees, acacia-trees ...
|2 gold||49 fruit: potatoes, rhubarb|
|4 gold|| 49 fruit: cotton, wheat,|
carots, corn, tomatoes, ...
|1 gold||3 tin-ingot|
|5 gold||1 mese-crystal|
|10 gold||1 diamond|
The shop-robot can be contacted via chat:
- say "#shop" to get a dialog with the list of shops (= the list of items)
- set the amount at the top of the dialog to sell more items with each click
- click on a line to buy/sell items
- press ESC to exit
at: 113,2,-149 at pyramid
Sells: bed for "25 de piedra" / "99 madera" / "troncos 25"
- no shop-boxes or robots here / signs in spanish, but no infos on how to buy ?
|5 steel_ingot||14 coal_lump|
|20 bread||3 gold|
Diego's shop "Shoe Tienda"
sells: light for 1 steel, steel for 60 wood, steel-sword for 99 wood, ball-spawner for 1 diamond
(out of stock)
sells: ball-spawner, steel-doors, power-cells
(out of stock)
|1 ball-spawner||1 steel-ingot ( ? out-of-stock)|
|1 keypad||1 steel-ingot|
|5 Pumpkin-Bread||1 steel-ingot|
(out of stock)
Superman's shop "coin+1"
|5 potato||1 gold|
|99 pumpkin-slice||5 gold|
Apples & Vegetables shop
Sells: 4 tree for 20 pumpkin-slices
Sells: 1 mese_fragement for 16 darkage:mud_lump
at: -60,2,-10 - Tomatoes, robots
- To become a regular user, you need to have certain items in inventory at logoff.
- Read the messagebox "Olduser" at login for details !
- Beware: the server can shutdown on very short notice !
- So, unless you only want to look around, get that stuff quickly !
- With the given initial stuff, you can craft wooden tools.
- Note: you need a shovel for digging dirt,
- and a pickaxe to pickup a robot.
- But you can still cut trees without an axe.
- With the torches you can go mining in the public mine.
- The public smelting station doesn't require fuel.
- Look around, read signs.
- Don't poke around areas claimed by other people.
- The protectors can be set to teleport you to some location,
- some might be set up as traps, and land you in dangerous places, or prisons.
- To fend off mobs, get a steel-sword (or better).
- With wood- and stone-swords, it takes too long to kill monsters.
If you know what you're doing
(and lost no time to exploring, games, fending off other players, etc.)
you could set up a profitable automated farm within a day.
- See the demofarm how it can be done.
Also, the first part of the public mine (up to depth 200) is quite easy.
Items of interest
- Crafting-Guide - lookup crafting recipes (several of those guides are mounted at public places)
- Protector - to claim and protect an area of size 20x20.
- When placed, it snaps to grid. In hills outside town, you might have to dig to get at it.
- When punched, it shows a 'grid' around the claimed area.
- When carried, it can show the owner of the local area.
- Normal chest - for storing stuff, and as a component of a shop
- Locked chest - to keep valuable stuff / only owner can open
- Locked door - to keep strangers out
- Skeleton key - allows friends to open your locked doors/chests
- Signs - to label houses, shops, etc.
- Letters - for big labels - use stone or wood as raw material
- Robots - for doing all kinds of work
- Remotecontrol for robots (get 2 or 3 of them)
- Keypads - to activate robots, and basic_machines. Can be set with a password.
- Bed - to set your spawnpoint (??)
- Food - to heal damage (see below)
- minecart - to use the rails
- thieves-glove - might gain you loot, but also might make you unpopular
- kicking-boot - for melee-fighting other players: kicks back & slows down
- Some nice stuff (search for keywords in crafting-guide)
- boxes, shelves
Dealing with acid
- Have some food ready, for healing damage
- Stay high, dig below
- Keep your distance, know the way to the exit
- Use torches for blocking (acid hurts, but it doesn't burn wooden items)
- Drop gravel or sand into the acid to quench the flow
- 'Drop' means 'place on a free space above the acid'
- SandMonster - 20 HP, drops a block of sand.
- they appear near deserts, survive in daylight, but die in water !
- DirtMonster - 27 HP, drops a block of dirt
- TreeMonster - 35 HP, drops 1-2 saplings / apples
- StoneMonster - 35 HP, drops a torch / lump of coal
- "Headless" - ..
- Oerkie - ..
- Most monsters can swim, jump, climb, and are hurt by sunlight,
TreeMonsters have come as far as to the spawn at center of town !
Look up the 'armor'-button at the top of the "#shop"-dialog.
Food is useful for healing damage, caused by falling, drowning, acid, fighting, etc.
|1 HP||Brown mushroom||grows in the dark|
|2 HP||Apple||Note: 1 heart = 2 HP|
|2 HP||Cookie||2 Wheat + 1 cocoa beans|
|4 HP||Bread||4 Wheat/Barley --> 1 Flour --> 1 Bread|
|xx||Bar of dark chocolate||3 cocoa-beans --> 1 chocolate bar|
|4 HP||Donut||4 Wheat --> 3 Donut|
|5 HP||Corn on the cob||cook corn in furnace|
|6 HP||Apple-Donut||1 Donut + 1 Apple|
|6 HP||Baked Potatoe||cook potatoe in furnace|
|x HP||Blueberry muffin||1 Bread + 2 Blueberries|
|x HP||Chocolate-Donut||1 Donut + 1 chocolate|
|xx||Pumpkin-dough||1 Flour + 2 pumpkin-slice|
|x HP||Pumpkin-Bread||cook pumpkin-dough in furnace|
|x HP||Rhubarb-Pie||3 Rhubarb + 1 sugar + 3 wheat|
|2 HP||Raspberry-Smoothie||drinking glass + raspberry + snow|
|2 HP||Cold cup of coffee||Coffee beans + cup + bucket of water|
|3 HP||Hot cup of coffee||heat cold coffee in furnace|
- /status - shows users online (among other infos)
- /time - in-game time. Sunrise after 4:30, night begins after 20:00
- /privs - shows your priviledges
- /xp - shows xp (your own, or other user)
- /skin - shows dialog to change your skin
- /mods - installed mods
- /help and /help all
- /help vote
- /vote types
- /spawn - transports you to spawn (but also kills you)
- /unprotect - gets back your protector of the current location
- #shop - shows shop-dialog
Disabled for normal users:
- /sethome and /home