This is a description about the SteamWorks-Server, one of the edgy.net family.
This is a survival world, mainly for builders.
There are trains and machines, and many mods for 'more of everything'
(such as homedecor, moreblocks, moretrees, moreores, xtraores, etherial, technic, pipeworks, mesecons, digtron etc.).
No mobs, but PVP is enabled and guns are available.
After the first login, players need to read /rules.
(as of 2020-11-22)
- Admins: Santy2, Kimby, Mavi
- IP: steam.edgy1.net:48016
- Max users: 15
- Operating hours: 24/7
- Mapgen: v7, seed 15651796251315898818
- no access without accepting the rules
- protocols; 0.4.16, 5.0+
Note: there is an IRC-connection to other servers on edgy-net, such as gta.
- IRC-Commands: (needs privs ?)
- .players - shows the names of players that are online
See also: List of servers:
- unified_inventory - with crafting-guide and backpacks
- wardrobe - change player-skin (select from 400+)
- 3d-armor, shields (plus armor from xtraores)
- areas - area-protection
- players can protect areas of upto 128x128x128
- markers - make it easier to survey and protect areas
- only supports areas of upto 1024 m2, eg. 32x32
- currency: minegeld - money
- ATMs + wiretransfer -- bank-accounts
- moreblocks - stairs&slopes, iron stone, plank stone, glowglass, circular saw ...
- Moreores - tin, silver, mithril ?
- xtraores - marble, zinc, lead .. osmium, platinum, titanium, geminitinum .. rarium, unobtainium
- glooptest - minerals & gems: alatro, akalin, arol, kalite, talinite, amethyst, ruby, sapphire, topaz & their blocks
- also handsaw, hammer, wooden table, scaffold ...
- gloopblocks - evil block & tools
- etherial - quicksand, mushroom biome, bones&bonemeal, fire_flower, firethorn, birch, willow, sakura, redwood, frostwood, big appletree, banana, orange, palm, coconut ...
- moretrees - really big trees
- Fir/spruce/pine cones can be cooked to extract fir/spruce/pine nuts.
- more_fire - lamps (oil-lamp...), torches (weaktorch...), campfire, kindling
- note: regular torches and furnaces generate heat, that melts nearby snow and ice, and hurts unarmored players
- homedecor - lots of furniture and decorative items
- stained-glass - colored glass
- baked-clay - in all colors
- basic-materials - terracotta, cement, concrete .. energycrystals
- usesdirt - dirtbrick
- bau_coop - shared chest
- castle-doors - big & double doors
- gates_long - wider fence-gates
- ehlphabet - big letters, letter-machines
- technic - alloys, electric power, machines, automation. Also, nuclear power (including meltdown :), and big chests.
- DigTron - modular machines that can dig and build
- advanced trains - steam locomotives and waggons, rails, switches and signals
- weapons / rangedweapons - guns and ammo
- note: no mobs. This mod doesn't really fit here - maybe a leftover from the config of the gta-server ?
- hunger - players need to eat
- thirsty - players need to drink / drinking fountains, waterbottle ...
- farming - more plants: cacoa, carrot, coffee, corn, melon, potato, pumpkin, raspberry, tomato ...
- see also etherial
- cottages - handmill, threshing floor, sicle ... simple furniture
- mail - write mail to admin, or other players
- Note: there is no check if a given mailto-address is valid !
- There is also a mailbox from homedecor
- worldedit + gui, handle_schematics - map-maintainance
- apartement - apartement-spawner - builds multiple apartements or houses, from a blueprint-file
- This mod makes players hungry over time
- Watch the food-bar next to the health-bar, and refill with food:
- apples, brown mushrooms - standard food
- fruits + farmed food (eg. wheat --> flour --> bread)
- found+cooked food (eg. roasted fir-cones --> nuts)
- meat from shop at spawn
- misc stuff from shops at restaurants etc.
- Also, you need to cycle thru different kinds of food, or "your stomage could do for a change", or worse.
- This mod makes players thirsty over time
- Refill at drinking fountains, or submerge into water (but watch air-bar while under water)
- Get a canteen (waterbottle) - click it to refill thirst-bar
- button in unified inventory - great selection of skins
- button in unified inventory
- Helmet, chest, leggins, boots, shield, ?
- Armor gets damaged over time - so watch it, and repair
- button in unified inventory
- 4 slots for backpacks: small (1 row), medium (2 rows), large (3 rows)
- Green, blue, red notes - value 1, 5, 10 MG
- Players get some MG each day they are online, and active
- ie. when they dig or build at least one block
- ATM to access bank-account, and change between MG-note-types
A short overview about this world.
Starting location, teleporters, central trainstation. Some shops.
Arrival (via command '/spawn'):
Shops sell bronze armor and tools.
- Note the white drinking fountains here - click to refill thirst-bar
- North - teleporter to 1st floor - Biomes
- East - teleporter to 2nd floor - Mines
- South - teleporter to trains & out
- West - teleporter to house of Mavi & Kimby (admins)
1st floor - Biomes:
Shops sell beds, doors, markers, glass panes, as well as (expensive) stoneblocks and wood planks.
- North - teleporter to Desert&Lava
- East - teleporter to Bamboo&Jungle
- South - teleporter to Mushroom&Beach
- West - teleporter to Snow&Crystal
2nd floor - Mines:
Shops sell meat, locked chests, drinking fountains, furnaces,
and wooden planks, torches, bronze picks and backpacks.
- South - teleporter to Easy Mine - -1127,-691,152
- West - teleporter to Lava Mine - -68,-16025,-1203
- East - teleporter to Moss Mine - 126,-16038,-11992
- North - teleporter to Glow Mine - -187,-29997,-92
Ground floor. with trainstations
- North - rails to StGeorge, Villa Cielito
- East - rails to Cudney Mansions Village
- South - rails to (under construction)
- West - rails to Patton machine village & BeachPlace
- The mines are of no use for new players without equipment.
- same for the biomes lava, desert, snow&crystal
- The trains look nice, but need a driver with privs to operate.
- There are no automated trains, yet
- Beach Place -3150,4,1490
- Bank w/ ATM etc. -3316,4,1478
- Shop (armor,tools) -3270,4,1441
- Restaurant -3333,4,1523
- MacMavi, Pizza, Cafe, FoodTruck, BeachBar -3500,2,1420
- some nice big houses
- StGeorge -2890,20,1866
- NoobHotel: ATM, Bistro -2962,8,1868
- Furniture-shop -3032,8,1857
- Villa Cielito (farm) -3075,10,2581
- big windmill -3128,9,2637
- Willow Train Station -3077,7,2996
- Cudney Mansions Village -2385,6,1235
- Grand Manison, Manison2 -2357,7,1322
- Patton machine village
- Tool-repair -3021,37,1383
- Farm-shop -3011,45,1329
- Machines & autocrafter, chest-sorters & big storage-area
- AreaInfo -1130,5,304
- ModernHouse w/ disco-floor -1054,2,275
- SolarArray+BatteryBoxes+LV-Furnaces -1077,7,229
- Templo -5563,7,1577
Tips - Basics
- Use the commands /sethome and /home
- the unified inventory provides a 2nd home-position
- Get wood, make tools (wooden pickaxe, wooden axe)
- with wooden tools get some stones, then make stone tools (more durable)
- Get some torches (craft from sticks and coal), so you can go mining underground
- the shops at spawn also sell torches
- Collect & carry some food, to help restore health.
- carry 3-4 different kinds of food (eg. bread, pine-nuts, apples or bananas, raspberries or blueberries)
- apples and bananas just grow on trees, no need for farming
- Carry a canteen, keep it filled with water
- to refill it, click with it on any block of water
- Get backpacks to extend your inventory
- there are different recipes, check them !
- Get & wear some armor
- shops at spawn sell bronze armor & shields
- be nice, re-plant trees
- Grass & Leaves are a great resource:
- place & dig to get seeds/saplings (random chance)
- craft leaves --> twigs --> sticks --> planks --> wooden tools, small backpack, chest, etc.
- also: leaves --> oil-extract --> parafin --> plastic --> pipes
- cheap fuel
- Explore, collect stuff, and look out for a good place to build a home
- also, watch where protected areas are, and who owns them
Tips - Advanced
You don't have to farm, but it makes it easier to get different kinds of food reliably.
- Buy food, eg. at spawn or at shops/restaurants
- Collect while exploring, eg. apples, bananas, onions, berries, pine-nuts
- Roasted fir-cones (needs a furnace)
- Go fishing (make a fishing-rod from sticks and strings, get worms from 2 dirt)
- you can catch fish at any block of water (random chance, about 5%)
- Dig grass until you find some seeds for wheat, rye, barley or oats
- find a place with at least 1 block of water, and some dirt
- Make a hoe, convert dirt to soil
- the soil needs to be within range of 3 of the water, or it will dry out again
- Plant seeds on soil
- While the plants grow, craft a furnace and a mortar&pestle (needs 11 cobblestone) :
- the furnace needs 8 cobblestones
- in the furnace, cook 3 cobble to stone
- grass or leaves can be used as cheap, low-grade fuel in the furnace
- mortar&pestle needs 1 stick and 3 stones
- Harvest when crops are fully grown (eg. wheat at growth-stage 8)
- careful: avoid digging the soil under the crops
- Re-plant seeds
- Make bread:
- with mortar&pestle; 4 wheat/rye/oats/barley yield 1 flour
- cook flour in furnace to bread: 1 flour --> 1 bread
- apple - 2
- banana - 4
- pineapple -
- orange -
- coconut-slice - 2
- potato (raw) - 1
- baked potato - 5
- bread - 5
- ricebread - 6
- corn (raw) - 3
- corn-on-the-cob - 5
- cornbread - 10.4
- multigrain-bread -
- carrot - 3
- tomato - 1
- onion - 1.5
- garlic -
- chili - 3
- beetroot - 1.3
- cucumber - 3
- brown mushrooms - 2
- pine-nut - 0.6 ,, 0.9
- roasted fir-cone nut - 1
- healing leaf -
- raw fish -
- cooked fish -
- blueberry - 1
- raspberry - 1
- strawberry - 1
- rhubarb - 1
- green beans -
- grapes -
- melon -
- pumpkin -
- pea -
- cookie -
- rhubarb-pie -
- chocolate-bar - 3
- cooked meat -
- pizza - 4 .. 5
- hamburger -
- super taco - 7 .. 8
- pasta -
Drinks: (note: those don't fill up the thirst-bar !)
- soda-can - 2.6
- carot-juice - 5
- cold coffee -
- hot coffee -
- Craft a sicle (2 sticks, 1 stone) for harvesting without the risk of digging up soil
- hand-driven mill (1 stick, 2 stones, 1 iron-ingot) - makes flour from grains
- eg. from the surplus-grains left over after replanting, or the output of the threshing floor
- only works with wheat
- threshing floor & stick (locked chest, stone, 4 junglewood-planks) - makes grains and straw from wheat
- yields 3 grains from 4 wheat (triple as much as mortar&pestle)
- only works with wheat
- Get some more kinds of plants
- onions, potatoes, cotton can be found in the jungle
- also check grassy, swampy areas
- Look out for corn, bamboo and papyrus, too
- Build a water-turbine and a water-powered grinder
- This can grind all kinds of grains to flour, as well as rice and corn.
- It can also grind lumps of mined minerals, thus doubling the output.
size 8x8 - 3 rings of soil around a 2x2 pool of water:
W: water from a 2x2-pool regenerates, so provides infinite water
1-9, c: 2x3 areas each for 10 different crops, eg. wheat, rye, oats, rice, potatoes. tomatoes, onions, raspberries, blueberries, corn.
- Modify as needed, to include carrots, cucumbers, rhubarb, strawberries, beetroots, melons, pumpkins, chili, pepper, hemp
- Beans and grapes need a supporting structure.
Tip for easy farming
- With no furnace: carrots, tomatoes & onions (sliced), some berries
- Using only a furnace: as above, plus corn & potatoes (both baked)
Also: cocoa --> chocolate-bars, and cocoa+wheat --> cookies.
Additionally: plant papyrus on dirt near water, to make paper (needed for cables) and sugar.
There is an electric-powered thresher, that also supports automation via pipeworks.
But it is MV (medium voltage), so you need to build up some LV-machines (low voltage) first.
There is also the digtron (can be used for harvesting), the planter, and the mithril-scythe.
Crafting most things requires some wooden parts, so we need wood.
collect leaves, then craft leaves --> twigs --> sticks --> planks --> wooden tools. small backpack, chest etc.
- cut trees by hand (slow)
- plant saplings
- wood --> planks
- wooden axe
- stone axe
- circular saw
Mining stone, ore/minerals and gems.
- wooden pickaxe - wears out fast
- stone pickaxe (3 stones, plus sticks)
- furnace (8 stones) - smelts ore-lumps or dust to ingots
- regular torch: stick + coal
- make charcoal from wood, if you find no coal near the surface
- kalite-torch - cold light (doesn't hurt player), burns in water
The first minerals needed are coal, iron and copper.
- grinder - makes 2 dust from 1 lump of ore
- alloy-furnace - eg. to make bronze
- drill - tool for digging up to 3 blocks in a row
Furnaces come in different types: fuel-fired, and electric.
They can be automated with pipes.
Building houses, etc.
- dirt - ugly
- cobblestone - works, but looks ugly
- chests, furnace
- other materials
Technic, pipeworks, mesecons
- Basic technic:
- grinder - makes 2 piles of dust from 1 lump of mineral
- furnace smelts each dust to an ingot
- alloy furnace - to make brass etc.
Electric machines fall into categories
- connectors (switches, cables, batteries)
- consumers - machines doing some useful work
Energy is measured in EU, electric units.
Supply and demand is calculated every second.
There are 3 tiers of electric power:
- LV - low voltage
- MV - medium voltage
- HV - high voltage
Example of a small electric network (LV):
- water-driven generator
- switching station
- electric grinder
- electric furnace