Thanks for template cleaning & a few questions
Thanks for cleaning the code and further improving Template:Mod translation supported, I created that in my sandbox based on existing templates on the wiki before pasting it to the template page. I don't really sure how the codes work, I'm just applying IFs that I learnt from C++ into the syntax used on Wiki.
- Is there any central discussion for wiki-related contents? Maybe a central discussion page in wiki itself, or a forum (or subforum)?
- Some of templates are to be used in all languages as it only contains graphic or things without needing translations (eg. Template:Hearts, Template:Languages) but what about the documentations? I'm not sure where to write the translations of documentations since they were mostly documented in <noinclude> section in same template, duplicating the whole template to translate will be redundant as we will still using the original template.
- No problem! If you ever need help with understanding templates, you should check out mw:Help:Templates and/or mw:Help:Extension:ParserFunctions.
- To answer your questions:
- 1. I'm not aware of such a place for central discussion. Not a lot of people actively contribute to the wiki, so I pretty much do things on my own. If I had to choose between the wiki and the forum, I think the forum should be sufficient for discussion.
- 2. I'm thinking of making a new template for documentation, similar to mw:Template:Documentation. For templates that do not need translation, we can add Template:Languages inside the doc subpage. For example, Template:Languages/doc, Template:Languages/doc/ms, etc. would contain the documentation and have
Template:Languages/docpart is necessary so that the template page will point to the doc pages.)
- --MrIbby (talk) 17:16, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, it shows as expected. Thanks for asking!
- --MrIbby (talk) 04:22, 11 May 2017 (UTC)