|Language:||English • 日本語 • Bahasa Melayu|
|Author||multiple authors (see credits)|
MineClone 2 is a survival sandbox game. Survive, gather, hunt, build, explore, and do much more. This goal of this project is to create a free clone of Minecraft.
Tips for beginners
- Punch a tree trunk until it breaks and collect wood
- Place the wood into the 2×2 grid (your “crafting grid”) in your inventory menu and craft 4 wood planks
- Place the 4 wood planks in a 2×2 shape in the crafting grid to make a crafting table
- Rightclick the crafting table for a 3×3 crafting grid to craft more complex things
- Use the crafting guide (book icon) to learn all the possible crafting recipes
- Craft a wooden pickaxe so you can dig stone
- Different tools break different kinds of blocks. Try them out!
- If a block does not drop any item when breaking it, you might have used the wrong tool. Try a different one!
- Craft torches to light up your world
- Continue playing as you wish. Have fun!
- Beware the darkness, monsters appear at night and in darkness
- Craft swords and other weapons to fight back
- Use armor to protect yourself. The weakest armor is made of leather
- Build a shelter and light it up to stay safe
- You will become hungry so you must eat from time to time
- Plants and animals give you food and resources
- Not every food is good for you
- Animals are hungry, too. Feed them well and they might multiply
- Find seeds
- Craft hoe
- Rightclick dirt or similar block with hoe to create farmland
- Place seeds on farmland and watch them grow
- Collect plant when fully grown
- If near water, farmland becomes wet and speeds up growth
- Craft furnace
- Furnace allows you to obtain more items by smelting them
- Upper slot must contain a cookable or smeltable item (example: iron ore or raw rabbit)
- Lower slot must contain a fuel item (example: coal)
- See tooltips in the crafting guide to learn about fuels and smeltable items
More help about the gameplay, block,s items and much more can be found from inside the game. You can access the help from your inventory menu.
Craft a lookup tool (4 sticks) and punch blocks and other things to learn more about them. This tool is just a faster method to open the help.
Tips and tricks for admins
- For debian :
If you want to change settings from the command line interface (cli), you need to do it in /etc/minetest/minestest.conf.
- All OS :
If you want to use the /giveme [modname:itemnam] [count] command, you have to find which mod generate the item. You can do this by searching the item name in the mods folder (e.g grep -sr itemname /var/games/minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/*) or use the “listitems” mod.
Differences from Minetest Game