|Language:||English • Deutsch • français|
Using refers to a specific activity with a block. The kind of activity depends on the block. Not all blocks can be used.
By default, using is done by clicking with the right mouse button on the block that shall be used.
Using is not to be confused with the so-called “Use” key (E be default), which is used to move faster in fast mode.
Using requires the privilege “interact” which is given by default.
By using, you can:
- open and close Doors, Trapdoors and Fence Gates,
- access a Chest’s, Locked Chest’s or Bones’ inventory,
- access a Furnace’s menu,
- access a Sign’s menu to edit its text,
- access a Book’s menu to edit its text,
- access the inventory of a Bookshelf or Vessels Shelf,
- skip the night by sleeping in a Simple Bed or Fancy Bed,
In contrast, you can’t do all these if you don’t have the “interact” privilege.
In other games
There are endless possibilities. Mods can invent new blocks which act in someway if they are used.