|Language:||English • Deutsch • français|
The console is part of Minetest’s GUI which makes it a bit easier to keep track of many chat and system messages. You also can type in chat messages and commands and scroll through an extensive log of messages.
The console acts similar to the chat window but makes things just a bit more convenient. If you type a line which does not begin with a “/” and hit Enter this line will be send as ordinary chat message. If the line does begin with a “/”, the line will be interpreted as command. See Server commands for detailed usage instructions.
The console has a feature called “history”. Minetest remembers for you which chat messages and commands you have previously entered. With the keys Up and Down you can go through the entries of the history. Careful! This replaces the line with the history entry.
You can scroll up and down through the message log with Page up and Page down, respectively. The console scrolls automatically for you if you are looking at the bottom of the message log but not if you are above.
- F10: Open/close console
- Esc: Close console
- Move cursor
- Left: Move cursor left
- Right: Move cursor right
- End: Move cursor to the end of the line
- Home: Move cursor to the beginning ot the line
- Page up: Scroll up the message log a long distance
- Mouse wheel up: Scroll up the message log a short distance
- Mouse wheel down: Scroll down the message log a short distance
- Page down: Scroll down the message log a long distance
- Tab: Complete a partly-typed in nick name
- Shift+Tab: Complete a partly-typed in nick name
- Enter: Send command or message and clear line
- Up: Replace line with previous entry in the history
- Down: Replace line next entry in the history
- Delete characters
- Backspace: Delete character left from the cursor
- Ctrl+Backspace: Delete word left from the cursor
- Ctrl+U: Delete every character left from the cursor
- Del: Delete character right from the cursor
- Ctrl+Del: Delete word right from the cursor
- Ctrl+K: Delete every character right from the cursor