This is a collection of seed-value, descriptions and notable places
- eg. flat areas suitable for villages/towns,
- small mountains for building castles,
- hills, rivers, oceans, wood/jungle, mountains, scenic landscapes ...
for the different map-generators:
- needs an explanation how to get the different types of fractals
- Map-Database_valleys - mapgen valleys
Currently, the main focus is on the default spawn-area of a map,
and a nearby location suitable for starting a game.
Scenic views, nice caves, and spots for climbing mountains would also qualify.
- In singleplayer:
- Create a new game: select mapgen and seed-value, using the minetest-game
- Start the game (don't select any mods that influence the generation of the map)
- also, keep the standard values for biomes (as found in the regular download of minetest 0.4.16)
- Note the position where the player spawns, and features of landscape
- /grantme all
- /time 5:0
- R - set maximum viewing range
- F9 - set minimap
- Fly around to find some interesting, different spots, note position&features as before.
- look for stuff a starting player would need, eg. wood, stone, coal, etc.